Timber Tee's World™
Due to the ageing golf population, especially in the USA and other saturated Western Golf markets, but also in the rapidly growing Asian Golf markets, the global Golf sport needs a fundamental change and open-up as ‘family sport’. And that is exactly what will happen.
Golf for young families is set to become the sporting market with the greatest growth potential worldwide in the coming decade, because primary schools in all Golf markets will have to include Golf training alongside football, athletics or apparatus gymnastics in the school sports programme in three years' time at the latest. This fact will affect 754+ million kids between six and 14 years in 18 Golf markets … almost simultaneously!
With 29,901 golf courses, 15,372 of which are in the United States alone, Golf Clubs in the 18 major golf markets cover almost 88% of the total 34,011 registered Golf facilities in operation worldwide. But unfortunately, the dimensions of the existing Golf courses are exclusively tailored to adults and thus far too large for our very young athletes.
What is really needed is a sufficient number of new Golf facilities and Golf academies per country, designed and developed specifically for very young kids. The key word to promote the next generation of Golf players is 'Youth Development'. For this, training grounds and sports facilities would have to be planned and built especially for children and young people.
TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ is such a competence and performance centre, designed as a state-of-the-art Golf training facility with:
- year-round indoor Golf short game training areas of various levels of difficulty;
- 3-hole to 9-hole outdoor Golf courses scaled and built to child-friendly dimensions;
- a 9-hole and an 18-hole tournament course;
- a 'Kids Golf Academy', an imaginatively designed short game area and
- a youth hostel with full catering facilities.
But TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ will also include a conference centre with meeting areas where national Golf Associations can run national Golf incentive programmes, qualification courses for Golf instructors / teaching Pro's (in terms of the special requirements of working with kids from the age of six) or talent sifting and squad performance programmes - as all national football associations do with their talented youngsters.
Everything in TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ is adapted to the body dimensions of children in order to minimise physical damage to the musculoskeletal system (muscles, tendons, joints and bones) of children and young people due to overuse.
Part of our TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ concept is also to provide each child and youth with customised Golf equipment for their age and body size for training. The research and development we have done over the last 21 years takes into account the latest biomechanical, ergonomic, physiological and sports medicine insights:
- Only extremely robust but ultra-light materials such as graphite, carbon, fibreglass and light steel are used in the manufacture of TIMBER TEE™ golf equipment;
- The grip strength is in the right proportion to the size of the hands, the length of the shaft and the height of the child;
- Different club head sizes are available for configuration of the clubs. The weight and thus the size of the club head will be adjusted to the length of the shaft in relation to the body size of the child. The flexibility of the golf club shaft correlates optimally with the club head weight and this in turn relieves the children's and young people's tendons in their arms and their wrists;
The tendering Process
Environmentally friendly / ecological building project
In the international tender for TIMBER TEE's WORLD™, which we can dispatch in the 3rd quarter of 2021 at the earliest due to the ongoing corona pandemic restrictions, we attach particular importance to the holistic planning of the sports facility by the landscape architects' offices involved in the tender. The consistent implementation of the holistic planning of the life cycle of this unique Golf facility, which we demand in, will be a decisive factor in the selection of the winning architect's office for this tender.
As part of the holistic planning of TIMBER TEE's WORLD™, we use an objectifying and quantifying evaluation method, which allows the comparison of variants of buildings, pur sports facilities and green areas with regard to their mutual interaction. And we use various instruments to assess the environmental compatibility of building products: ecological risk analysis, material flow analysis and life cycle assessment.
- The choice of location for TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ must meet the highest ecological standards with regard to infrastructure, traffic development and landscape protection.
- We will only allow ecological building and insulation materials that can be obtained in an environmentally friendly way and, if necessary, disposed of without any problems because they are biodegradable.
- From both an ecological and an economic point of view, we insist on using woody plants, ornamental plants and perennials from regional suppliers or greenhouses for the design of the outdoor area, because short transport routes relieve the environment and climate, and jobs and training places are preserved. And because regionally grown plants are healthy, robust and adapted to the local climate, you will enjoy these plants for a long time to come.
- The same applies to the choice of the right natural stone supplier. In order to keep transport and energy costs low, the necessary building and insulation materials are procured in the immediate vicinity of the building site. If the material from the regional quarries is out of the question, we advocate alternative natural stones from neighbouring regions or neighbouring European countries. Here it is ensured that environmental regulations and working conditions in the area of quarrying and processing of natural stones are regulated by law. No child labour or forced labour, occupational health and safety as well as living wages are some examples of social aspects that will be taken into account in our tender. These standards cannot be fully guaranteed for countries such as China, India, Brazil, South Africa or Iran (as of 2012).
- Energy consumption is supposed to be covered predominantly by clean, environmentally friendly, renewable energies during the useful life of the training facility and the buildings in accordance with the current state of the art. (Self-supply)
- The sports areas (golf courses) are not sealed and the buildings are greened.
- The drainage technology is sustainable, i.e. drinking and service water circuits are installed and used separately.
- Plant-based purification systems will be used on the sports ground.
Our most valuable Licensing and Franchising object
TIMBER TEE's WORLD™, the future Competence and Performance Centre for age- and performance-oriented Youth Development in Golf
Once the INNVENTT HOLDING has completed the construction of the TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ prototype in the UK, this core service license can be acquired by investor groups. TTW's™ franchise guarantees investors an unrivalled and maximum return on their investment. In China and India alone, the conservatively calculated demand potential for such a venue over the next ten years is at least 25 units per country in the different provinces due to the child population of almost 600 million children in these two countries.
TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ is our forward-looking and proactive way to multiply the training opportunities of very young golfers and our highly qualified young golf caddies to talented and supported young golf professionals, and to manage and accelerate their sporting development in a targeted manner.
It is our vision at INNVENTT, that in less than a decade a multitude of new, young, highly qualified and well-trained TIMBER TEE™ Golf Caddies and junior Golf Professionals from the day after tomorrow will make their way with the help of TIMBER TEE's WORLD™ sport facilities and performance centres, as you can already see today with simple means and a lot of commitment on the example of China's primary schools.
China is on a very good path here and all other nations should do the same.